Tucker’s Uke – almost there….

Well, we’re days away from applying a finish to Tucker’s concert uke. Last time I sealed up the body and, since then, I have been working on the neck.  I have been very busy since that lovely article in the paper ran and I am very grateful for that!

 

I decided to go with a padauk fretboard and a thin veneer of ebony over the headstock. Here it is ready to have the neck shaped.

I love my new rasps! They make shaping a neck so much more gratifying.

I got the neck attached to the body on Wednesday and I shaped and glued the bridge & nut yesterday. So today was the day of reckoning. I drilled the holes for the tuners and strung her up! Tucker is a Lefty so this process was a little weird. Also, I was a bit flummoxed while trying to figure out how to play the thing.  I was anxious to hear what it sounded like and I couldn’t play it! I have found that I do better playing right-handed upside down than left-handed right side up. In any case – it sounds strong and clear and I think it’s gonna be a good one.

Here she is – naked of her finish. I’ll show this picture at her 20th birthday party just to embarrass her.

Advertisements
Published in: on August 20, 2011 at 7:31 pm  Comments (1)  

The URI to TrackBack this entry is: https://russmorin.wordpress.com/2011/08/20/tuckers-uke-almost-there/trackback/

RSS feed for comments on this post.

One CommentLeave a comment

  1. That is gorgeous!!!!!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: